|Company Name||Yamagata Koubou Co., Ltd.|
|Description of Business||・Manufacture of official Kendamas certified by the Japan Kendama Association
・Manufacture and sale of artworks
・Manufacture and sale of wooden toys and traditional folk crafts
|Address||6493-2 Teraizumi, Nagai City, Yamagata 993-0061, Japan
Tel: +81-238-84-6062 / Fax: +81-238-84-6061
- Established as Yamagata Hakushinsha manufacturing wooden toys and folk crafts.
- Started manufacturing of official Kendama “Fuji”.
- Selected as a designated factory by the Japan Kendama Association (The 1st representative: Issei Fujiwara).
- The Japan Kendama Association was awarded Minister of Education trophy.
- Certified as the “No.1” manufacturer of official Kendama in Japan.
- Established new factory to strengthen the production system.
- Registered as a company “Hakushinsha Ltd.”
- Certified as a newly designated Kendama factory by Yoshio Kanai, the representative of the Japan Kendama Association.
- Held a ceremony marks the 30th anniversary of the Japan Kendama Association in Nagai City.
- Changed company name to “Yamagata Koubou Ltd.”
- Awarded the Japan Kendama Association trophy.
- Obtained design right and utility registrations.
- Started manufacturing of official Kendama “OZORA”.
- Obtained domestic trademark registration for “OZORA”.
- Released Big Kendama “Taiyo” M Size.
- Released “OZORA Zodiac Model”.
- Released Big Kendama “Taiyo” L Size.
- Released “OZORA Galaxy” series.
- Passed the U.S. safety standard CPSIA test.
- Released Japanese series “SAKURA”.
- Started attaching ST mark, the safety standard of the Japan Toy Association.
- Established the 2nd factory to strengthen wood processing.
- Obtained global trademark registration for “OZORA”.
- Exhibited in The 24th Harbin International Economic and Trade Fair.
- Released “OZORA Premium”.
- Exhibited in Tohoku Jam 2013 in Ishinomaki.
- Participated in the earthquake restoration project “KENDAMA TOHOKU”.
- Established the 3rd factory to strengthen production capacity.
- Released “OZORA STREET”.
- Certified as “The Wonder 500” local specialty products by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- Established the 2nd warehouse to strengthen wood storage system.
- Exhibited in the Milan Expo 2015 as a part of Yamagata Prefecture exhibition group “OZORA KENDAMA PERFORMANCE”.
- Awarded Global Expansion Division of Tohoku Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry Director’s Award in “The 6th Manufacturers’ Award in Japan” by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- Nominated as a recommended company in the “Yamagata Excellent Design Award 2015”.
- Awarded “JAPAN WOOD DESIGN AWARD 2015”.
- A world record “The Longest Line of people catching a ball consecutively” was established in Nagai City, Yamagata Prefecture.
- Released Well-being Kendama “TAISEI”.
- Published a handbook of Yamagata Koubou.
- Applied for global patent for Kendama.
- Supported Kendama health schools.
- Released “OZORA Matte” series.
- Yosaburo Suzuki, the founder of Yamagata Koubou was awarded “Municipal Contribution Award” by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry for his contribution to local promotion with Kendama.
- Launched Yamagata Koubou Kendama App.
- Released Well-being Kendama Handbook Set.
- Released Yamagata Koubou Kendama “HOW TO” DVD.
- Accredited for local resource utilization plan by the Tohoku Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- Planted beech, Japanese maple and cherry trees in the premise of the factory as the memorial to the “Municipal Contribution Award”.
- Released “OZORA REShape”.
- Awarded “Yamagata Public Interest Award” for our contribution to wood utilization and local promotion.
- Selected as “Discovery of treasures of rural communities” by the Tohoku Regional Agricultural Administration Office.